ShareLast night I was craving something extra chocolatey and threw this batter together in a hurry not knowing if they would even turn out. Boy was I suprised to get such great results. I was so pleased with them, that I decided to bring a […]
Month: December 2010
ShareI will admit there is no real gf substitute for Popeye’s fried chicken, but this recipe has met my needs for crispy fried goodness. There really is nothing healthy about this except for the nutrients you get from the almond flour, coconut flour and the […]
These are great to make with bananas that are a bit past their prime. Their natural sweetness enables you to skip the sweetener when making this batter. I like to serve these fluffy pancakes with cranberry sauce, toasted pecans and a drizzle of honey.
Gluten Free Banana Pancakes
- 3 overripe bananas, mashed
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 stick butter, melted
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup almond flour, packed
- 1/3 cup coconut flour, packed
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- dash of cinnamon
- dash of salt
- Mash bananas with fork, mix in eggs, butter and water.
- Whisk in flours, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Heat skillet, grease with butter or preferred oil.
- Drop by scoopful and spread slightly with back of spoon.
- Cook on low-medium heat. The natural sugars of the banana make it brown quickly.
- Serve while warm.
ShareAfter much laboring in the kitchen, I have finally created a gluten free chocolate chip cookie that is, get this, nut free as well!! These are more like a classic soft baked chocolate chip cookie. The trick to not burning these cookies is cooking them at […]