Share Just like everything else, I prefer to break things down and simplify them. Roasting a turkey does not have to be a complicated matter. These basic tips will guide you, especially if you are a first time Turkey cooker! Don’t be afraid, it’s just an […]
Month: November 2012
Share This is very easy side dish that requires very little work! The hardest task is cutting the butternut squash in half. Squash come in various sizes, so adjust the recipe accordingly to suit the amount of mash your squash yields. *To get the 4 […]
This super quick cranberry sauce is sweetened with pineapples, making it a healthier option as well. It is somewhat tart, so at the end of cooking, feel free to add some sweetener to your desired level of sweetness. Ready in under 5 minutes, you can’t beat the simplicity of this recipe. If you have extra time, use fresh pineapple. But I called this recipe quick because the convenience of the prep. But I know it would be even more delicious with fresh pineapple.
Quick Cranberry Sauce
- 12 oz bag of fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 8oz can crushed pineapple
- 1 6oz can pineapple juice
- 2-4 tablespoons honey (optional)
- Place cranberries, crushed pineapple and pineapple juice in a pot. Bring to a boil.
- Cook on high for about 4-5 minutes, stirring continuously until cranberries burst and sauce thickens.
- Taste, add sweetener if needed.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Share We looooove apples in this household. Consuming about 8-10 each day! We have a tradition of going apple picking, with hayrides and hot apple cider every year, unfortunately with the timing of my pregnancy and Fiona’s birth, I just didn’t have the energy to […]