These chocolate donuts are simple and have a nice light cakey texture. They are, without a doubt, kid approved.
Almond Flour Chocolate Donuts
- 1/4 cup coconut oil or butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup almond flour, packed
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- dash of sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- Melt together coconut oil and honey.
- Whisk in cocoa powder.
- Whisk in eggs, one at a time.
- Add dry ingredients, combine well.
- Stir in vinegar.
- Pour into donut pan. Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Invert onto cooling rack.
- Dip in chocolate glaze. (recipe below)
- Sprinkle with coconut flakes, gf sprinkles, or chopped nuts.
*yields 8 large donuts ( a standard donut pan is for 6 donuts, either use the extra batter for a cupcake for later or reuse your donut pan after the first six are done baking)
- 1 oz unsweetened chocolate
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or butter
- 2-3 tablespoons honey
- Gently melt together the chocolate, oil and honey. Whisk until smooth. For a thin glaze use immediately, or for a thicker ganache texture allow to cool down and thicken.
I always start out using 2 tablespoons of the honey, and depending on what other toppings I am adding I may or may not use all of the honey. Just do it to taste. It will still work, I promise!