Butternut squash is so delicious on it’s own. A simple cooking method and a little flavor added, and you have a complete side dish made in no time. Rustic, yet elegant enough to be on any holiday menu. Sometimes less is more.
Butternut Squash Mash
- 1 large butternut squash
- butter/coconut oil
- cinnamon (opt)
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Slice squash lengthwise.
- Scoop out seeds using a spoon.
- Place squash halves flesh side down onto a sheet tray.
- Roast for 40 minutes, or until tender.
- Gently scoop squash into serving dish and mash with a fork.
- Add a few pads of butter, a dash of cinnamon and salt to taste.