After much laboring in the kitchen, I have finally created a gluten free chocolate chip cookie that is, get this, nut free as well!! These are more like a classic soft baked chocolate chip cookie. The trick to not burning these cookies is cooking them at a lower temperature. Now if you do not have a nut allergy, you could also fold in your favorite nut for an extra crunch. Be careful not to eat a whole tray full of these as they are made with only coconut flour, meaning high in fiber!
Gluten Free/Nut Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 sticks butter, melted
- 3/4 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 300
- Whisk together butter, honey and eggs.
- Add coconut flour, baking soda and salt.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Using cookie scoop or spoon, drop dough balls about 1 in apart.
- Flatten dough with hand or back of spoon. (this dough will not spread or flatten while baking, so you need to do it beforehand) – pictured above.
- Bake at 300 for 18-20 minutes.
- Let cool on baking sheet.
*recipe yields 3 dozen small cookies