It’s just not Thanksgiving without Pumpkin Pie…
This recipe is based on my dear Grandma’s pumpkin pie. Just a few modifications to make it allergen friendly. But the classic flavor and texture is still there. I miss my grandmother most during the holidays. She was an amazing woman of God and example to live by. I am thankful for the role she played in our family and the values she instilled in us. She was truly beautiful inside and out.
If making a pie is just too much hassle??? Then consider making my Gooey Pumpkin Pie Cake. All the flavor and texture of pumpkin pie, but without all the extra work.
Check it out –> here <–
Classic Pumpkin Pie
- 2 cups fresh pumpkin puree
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream or dairy free cashew cream
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 9 inch pie shell or “graham cracker” crust, chilled
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Whisk together all ingredients until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into unbaked pie shell.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes just until center is set.
For more Thanksgiving recipes, check out my inspiration board!