Nothing says holiday more than a big bowl of nuts. That’s right, growing up I specifically remember there always being a big bowl of nuts- still in there shell, along with nutcrackers at holiday gatherings. Although it looks great and is fun to do, I found it a bit frustrating, as I was never able to keep any of the nuts “whole” while removing the shells. These days nuts have become a staple in my diet and I have been preparing them different ways for variety in taste and texture. This specific candied pecan recipe requires a bit of time, but is well worth it. They are great served along a fruit and cheese platter or make a great snack anytime. Stay festive and go nuts!
Gluten Free Candied Pecans
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 cup honey
- 6 cups pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 200.
- Whip eggwhites to stiff peak.
- Whisk in honey, salt and cinnamon.
- Fold in nuts.
- Spread on parchment/silpat lines baking sheets.
- Bake for 3-4 hrs, stirring once every hr.
- Bake until the nuts are light and crispy in texture.