My latest obsession: lemons, lemons, lemons. They are so flavorful and fresh, I have been putting them in just about everything lately, so why not cupcakes?
Gluten Free Lemon Cupcakes
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup honey
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond flour, packed
- 1/2 cup coconut flour, packed
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- zest and juice of one lemon
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Whisk together melted butter, honey and eggs.
- Stir in dry ingredients.
- Add zest and lemon juice. Whisk until combined.
- Scoop into 12 lined cupcake tins. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until they test clean with toothpick.
- Cool and frost with Vanilla Yogurt Frosting. Top with fresh berries and additional lemon zest if desired.
*for an even more lemony surprise, fill the center of each cupcake with lemon curd.