This a rendition of the PB cookies I grew up eating that my mom always made. Her version, which is also gluten free is 1 cup peanut butter, 1 cup sugar and 1 egg- super easy and yummy. Here is my healthier take on this classic cookie!
Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 16oz jar of salted natural peanut butter (2cups)
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup honey
- 2 eggs
*this recipe yields ALOT of cookies, with the changes made it is now very easy to make a 1/2 recipe.
*batter comes together easiest with all ingredients at room temperature, you may need to use a mixer with a paddle attachment to get all the lumps out of the pb
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Combine peanut butter (natural oils on top too), melted butter, honey and eggs.
- Chill batter until it is scoopable. Batter will still be sticky, but manageable.
- Scoop cookies and use a wet fork to make marks and flatten. (wet fork after each cookie)
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until they get a little brown around the edges and slightly darker in color.
*Feel free to fold in chocolate chips or top off with a hershey kiss before baking. I’d imagine that this would also work with other nut butters and maybe even sunbutter. Let me know if you try!