This is a basic gf buttery, flaky pie crust that is easy to prepare.
Gluten Free Pie Crust
- 1/2 cup butter, chopped and cold
- 1 cup almond flour, packed
- 1/3 cup coconut flour, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2-3 tablespoons water, ice cold
***for sweetnened version add 2 tablespoons honey
- Combine butter, flours and salt with a pastry blender or food processor.
- Slowly add in water, until dough forms into ball.
- Flatten into disk, wrap and refridgerate for at least 1 hr.
- Roll out and place in pie dish. It’s ok if it is crumbly or falls apart, just push back together.
- Place back in fridge and chill before baking to ensure it will keeps its shape.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 325.
*please be aware that almond flour browns quicker than most, so use a pie crust shield if you have one, or tented tin foil works just as well.
*yields 1 9in pie crust, regular or deep