Ever get shrimp and want to try something different with it? Well here’s an idea: roast it. Now, if you follow my blog you will see a recurring cooking method that I use frequently. My thoughts are that it is a quick, simple to follow, failproof method that brings out the best flavor in whatever you are cooking. These shrimp are great on top of a salad, on a bed of rice with veggies, or make an easy appetizer with an assortment of dips. My kids favorite kind I made were by far the coconut shrimp. But who doesn’t love coconut?
- raw shrimp, peeled and devained- tail on
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- for curried shrimp add curry powder- pictured at top
- for coconut shrimp add coconut flakes
*feel free to be creative and use your favorite herbs and spices
- Preheat oven to 500 with cooking tray in oven.
- Remove hot tray, spread shrimp on it.
- Roast for 3-5 minutes, depending on size of shrimp.
- Serve immediately.
*Shrimp will cook very fast, so don’t walk away from the kitchen while they are roasting.