These are not the no bake cookies you grew up with. Same great texture and flavors, but made with healthier ingredients. There is a surprise secret ingredient that I have added to my recipe…. By removing the oats, not only is this recipe for gluten free no bake cookies, but now grain free! You won’t even miss the oats, I promise….
These no bake cookies or “raggedy robbins” as we used to call them, are so simple to make and will surely please any crowd!
Gluten Free No Bake Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter or coconut oil
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 3 cups unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a pot, combine butter, honey and cocoa powder. Bring to a boil, and boil for 1 minute, whisking constantly. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in peanut butter, salt and vanilla.
- Stir in coconut flakes.
- Scoop cookies onto a parchment lined sheet tray.
- Refrigerate to set.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge up to 1 week and freezer up to 1 month.
*yields 3 dozen gluten free no bake cookies
You can also use equal parts chopped nuts or a combination of nuts and coconut flakes. I have made several variations and all are equally delicious. I also enjoy eating them right out of the freezer for a late night snack :P