There is nothing better than a big slice of lemon meringue pie, or is there? How about a layer of fresh raspberries hidden inside… oh yes, this is good. I promise. I made this for my mother in law’s birthday last weekend and it got rave reviews. This beautiful and tasty pie would be perfect to share on Easter.
Raspberry- Lemon Meringue Pie
- 1 fully bake pie crust (sweetened version)
- 1/2 recipe of lemon curd
- 1/2 pint of fresh raspberries
- 1 recipe easy meringue (recipe below)
- Preheat broiler to high.
- Spread lemon curd onto the bottom of a fully cooked and cooled pie crust.
- Place raspberries on lemon curd in a single layer.
- Top with easy meringue and place under broiler just until the meringue starts to caramelize. Or use a blow torch if you have one. Serve immediately or refrigerate up to 1 day.
*if making a deep dish pie, use a full recipe of the lemon curd.
- 4 egg whites
- 1/4 cup honey
- In a clean bowl, whip egg whites to soft peak.
- Add honey in slowly, keep whisking until glossy and thick with stiff peaks.
- Use immediately.