This super simple icecream is a definite crowd pleaser. I have been making it over the summer as a refreshing treat for the kids. It is the perfect birthday party icecream that any child can enjoy because it is dairy free, sugar free, nut free, and of course gluten free. So you may be curious as to WHAT is in this icecream??? Three ingredients: overripe bananas, strawberries and a little liquid. That’s it! All you need is a good blender.
Strawberry- Banana Icecream
- 6 over ripe bananas, cut into pieces and frozen
- 1 lb of frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup liquid (water, apple juice, coconut milk)
- Place all ingredients into a Vitamix or high powered blender. Now, it’s going to be super thick, so I have to use my tamper to help it along. If you are having a really hard time getting it to blend, slowly add more liquid.
- Serve immediately, or place in freezer. For re-serving, remove from the freezer about 10-15 minutes prior to scooping.
*these also make delicious popsicles :)