This will be my first gluten free Thanksgiving, and I am not willing to sacrifice my favorites… So, I’ve decided to start working on GF Thanksgiving recipes. It’s a bit of trial and error, especially when it comes to baked goods. So starting early will guarantee a successful menu, that we can all benefit from. Here is a healthier gluten free version of an old time fav!
Gluten Free Pumpkin Pie
- 2 cups pumpkin puree (fresh is best, but canned will do)
- 1 1/2 cups yogurt (either strained or greek style)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- gf pie crust, chilled and ready to go
*spices and honey can be adjusted, I like my pie to have a strong spice flavor and not too sweet.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine all ingredients in food processor or mixer to ensure everything is fully incorporated and smooth.
- Pour in prepared and unbaked pie crust.
- Bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes or until pie is set.
- Let pie cool down, then refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Slice and serve with a dollop of whipped cream.
*yields one 9 in pie.
*also note that this pie crust browns quickly, so be sure to use a pie crust shield or tented tin foil part way thru baking.