I discovered this delicious dip through one of my best friends, Leah. She, along with her mother and sister all have Celiac. I am always excited to go to their family gatherings, as there is always a wonderful gluten free selection of goodies. My absolute …
Month: January 2011
Did anyone else stock up on cranberries while they were in season this year? Well I’ve got a couple bags in the freezer that are calling my name! This week I was craving those intensely flavored, tart berries. They are a great source of vitamins …
We have been hit! With a snowstorm that is. Yes, don’t we all just love being snowed in, endless hours with our children, getting them bundled, building snowmen and sledding! I’m lucky to have a husband who is a “big” kid and loves doing all of that with our children. While they are out playing, I like to bake some treats and fix hot drinks for them to warm up to. Hot chocolate is a must, and this topping is a special treat~ Cinnamon Whipped Cream.
Cinnamon Whipped Cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, cold
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Using an electric mixer fitted with a whisk attachment or whisk by hand, the heavy cream.
- Once it starts to hold its shape, add honey and cinnamon.
- Always finish whisking whipped cream by hand, you do not want to overmix.
- Use right away, or store in fridge until use. You may need to whisk lightly to recombine if it has separated at all.
* use on any hot beverage, hot chocolate or coffee
*serve a dollop with pie or icecream
*use to frost a cake
I seriously feel like I’m drinking a Starbuck’s specialty coffee, without any sugary/flavored syrups and without spending $5+!
That is my deck, covered in snow!