Lemon Curd is so bright and flavorful. Perfect with berries, dolloped on cakes or layered into a lemon meringue pie. Nothing screams Spring, like a dessert made with fresh lemons! This version is sweetened with honey for a truly decadent and refreshing treat. You will …
Tag: sugar free
These are great to make with bananas that are a bit past their prime. Their natural sweetness enables you to skip the sweetener when making this batter. I like to serve these fluffy pancakes with cranberry sauce, toasted pecans and a drizzle of honey. Gluten …
For those who are trying to avoid Karo (HFCS), here is a great and tasty alternative for your traditional pecan pie. All of my family tried this, and even my dad said it tasted good and not “different” at all. This is a pretty big deal, as my dad thinks most of my stuff tastes too “healthy” lol. Give this recipe a try, you won’t be disappointed! My daughter Jasmine was quite pleased with this pie at her 6th birthday!
Honey Pecan Pie
- 1 1/4 cups honey
- 3 eggs
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup – 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 unbaked pie crust, chilled
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Whisk together honey, butter, salt and eggs.
- Add chopped pecans and pour into unbaked pie shell.
- Arrange pecan halves on top. (this is more of a decorative option)
- Bake at 325 for 40-45 minutes or until filling is set. Cover crust with foil or pie crust shields after 15 minutes.
- Let cool and serve plain or with whipped cream.
This cake is a cross between pumpkin pie and pumpkin cake. It’s decadently moist texture places it right up there with pumpkin pie. A great alternative for a no fuss recipe, not having to worry about making a pie crust. All the great flavor of …