Gluten Free Honey Pecan Pie
For those who are trying to avoid Karo (HFCS), here is a great and tasty alternative for your traditional pecan pie. All of my family tried this, and even my dad said it tasted good and not “different” at all. This is a pretty big deal, as my dad thinks most of my stuff tastes too “healthy” lol. Give this recipe a try, you won’t be disappointed! My daughter Jasmine was quite pleased with this pie at her 6th birthday!
Honey Pecan Pie
- 1 1/4 cups honey
- 3 eggs
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup – 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 unbaked pie crust, chilled
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Whisk together honey, butter, salt and eggs.
- Add chopped pecans and pour into unbaked pie shell.
- Arrange pecan halves on top. (this is more of a decorative option)
- Bake at 325 for 40-45 minutes or until filling is set. Cover crust with foil or pie crust shields after 15 minutes.
- Let cool and serve plain or with whipped cream.
5 thoughts on “Gluten Free Honey Pecan Pie”
makes me want to drink alchoholic beverages
this pie is delicious, I am making one right now for thanksgiving, so excited to have other people in the family try it!! Hope you and your family had a wonderful day :))
Thanks so much for your site. Would it be possible to substitute agave syrup for some of the honey?
Absolutely. It should work the same used in equal parts.
Hi Michelle! I’m so excited to try some of your recipes. I’m not gluten-intolerant but I AM allergic to all things cow AND I eat clean as much as possible. In the honey pecan pie (and mind you, pecan pie is a coveted family fave at my house, not to be “tampered with” under threat of eviction from southern culture), what is a suitable, clean alternative to the butter ingredient? (Before I began eating clean I just used margarine.) In the cookie pie crust, you sub’d coconut oil…would that work here with this mixture or no? THANKS!!