Make these super cute frozen banana treats with your kids this weekend! Healthy and naturally gluten free. You know in the coming weeks they will be ingesting more sweets than usual, so take the opportunity to make a few healthier treats. This is such an …
Month: October 2011
This cookie crust is very reminiscent of a classic graham cracker crust, except it is safe to eat. You really can’t mess up this recipe, it is a simple cookie-like crust. No chilling or rolling out the dough required.
The mixture will seem crumbly, but if you work it with your hands and press down into the pie plate, it will hold together.
Easy “Graham Cracker” Crust
- 4 tablespoons melted butter (*for dairy free see note below)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour, firmly packed
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- Stir together all ingredients, until combined.
- Spread mixture using your hands, into a greased 9 inch pie plate.
- Bake for 12-16 minutes, until golden brown.
- This is the perfect base to my No-Bake Strawberry Cheesecake, Fresh Strawberry Pie,and No-Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake
*For a dairy free version, substitute the butter with 5 tablespoons coconut oil.
I don’t know about you, but spending money on different holiday decorations adds up! That is why I am always trying to come up with fun crafts that I can make with things just lying around the house. These adorable “jack-o’-lanterns” will lighten up any mantle …