I’m not sure about you, but I love receiving things in little packages. Serving salmon baked in parchment is like opening a special gift. The aroma of fresh ginger and lemon will entice your senses when opened. Another great thing about these pouches is that …
Month: August 2011
This cake is quick and easy to throw together. Enjoy it with your morning coffee or serve to guests with icecream for a simple dessert. Vanilla beans are expensive, but sometimes it’s nice to indulge. You could easily use a good vanilla extract in it’s place. I just love seeing the specks of vanilla beans and the smell is unbelievable.
Vanilla Plum Cake
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 vanilla bean
- 1/2 cup almond flour, packed
- 1/4 cup coconut flour, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 plums, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Combine wet ingredients and whisk in the scraped vanilla beans.
- Add dry ingredients, stir until combined. Pour into a greased 9 in pie plate.
- Top with the sliced plums. Drizzle with a little bit of honey.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, until golden brown.
- Let cool before serving.