So this recipe has been a long time coming. I didn’t get around to it over the holidays and decided Valentine’s Day would be a good time to figure it out. I made these cookies with what I like to call the “superior” of gluten …
Tag: nut free
In an effort to have more nut free options, I have been utilizing the wonder flour, coconut flour. It’s quite intersting to work with and definitely works differently than any other flour. Coconut flour is packed with fiber and is cholesterol free! My kids won’t eat bananas …
After much laboring in the kitchen, I have finally created a gluten free chocolate chip cookie that is, get this, nut free as well!! These are more like a classic soft baked chocolate chip cookie. The trick to not burning these cookies is cooking them at a lower temperature. Now if you do not have a nut allergy, you could also fold in your favorite nut for an extra crunch. Be careful not to eat a whole tray full of these as they are made with only coconut flour, meaning high in fiber!
Gluten Free/Nut Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 sticks butter, melted
- 3/4 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 300
- Whisk together butter, honey and eggs.
- Add coconut flour, baking soda and salt.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Using cookie scoop or spoon, drop dough balls about 1 in apart.
- Flatten dough with hand or back of spoon. (this dough will not spread or flatten while baking, so you need to do it beforehand) – pictured above.
- Bake at 300 for 18-20 minutes.
- Let cool on baking sheet.
*recipe yields 3 dozen small cookies