I’m not sure about you, but chicken is a staple in my diet. I am always looking for ways to “reinvent” the chicken. It’s texture and flavor lends itself easily to different cooking styles and spices. These gf chicken burgers are super easy to put …
Month: September 2010
Do any of you remember your favorite childhood snack? And are unable to enjoy it now that you are gluten free?? Well I surely do… the perfectly salted, crunchy, couldn’t get enough of, Cheez-It. Well after several attempts, here is my easy gf version of the Cheez-It. They are so good, I have to hide them from my children or they are gone instantly! You can try it with any of your favorite cheddars, I like to keep these classic with sharp cheddar. They keep well for up to a week in a tightly sealed container.
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1 cup packed cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup almond flour, packed
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine egg, butter and cheddar cheese in food processor.
- Add almond flour, just until combined.
- Place dough in between two silpats or parchment paper, and roll out with a rolling pin about an 1/8 in thick. Place on baking sheet and refrigerate for about 5 minutes.
- Take out of fridge and remove the top layer silpat or parchment.
- Season the dough with kosher salt.
- Bake 15 minutes, remove from oven and cut squares using pizza cutter.
- Separate squares, flip them all over and return to oven for another 5-10 minutes until golden and crispy.
- Try not to eat all of them right out of the oven!