gluten free curried almond chicken
This dish was inspired by a curry recipe I saw in a Food and Wine Magazine. I love the idea of adding nuts, fruit and coconut milk into curry, it really rounds out the flavor and adds texture. It’s great served over rice or I like to eat it all by itself. I hope you enjoy my rendition of gf chicken curry!
gf curried almond chicken
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, halved
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons ginger, grated
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, julienned
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup coconut milk
- snipped scallions for garnish
- Season chicken with salt and pepper; sear on both sides in a little bit of oil for about 5 minutes. Remove from pan.
- In the same pan, cook the garlic, ginger and onion until softened.
- Add spices, almond flour, apricots and stock and boil until thickened.
- Stir in the coconut milk.
- Add the chicken back to mixture and simmer for at about 10 minutes, making sure the chicken is cooked through.
- Garnish with scallions.
* if you find it is too spicy for you, you can simply add more coconut milk or broth.