Gluten Free Cranberry Walnut Muffins
Did anyone else stock up on cranberries while they were in season this year? Well I’ve got a couple bags in the freezer that are calling my name! This week I was craving those intensely flavored, tart berries. They are a great source of vitamins A and C, antioxidants, flavonoids, and of course fiber.
This week I have been experimenting more with coconut oil and replaced my usual butter with it. I was afraid the coconut flavor would take over, but boy was I wrong. It was moist, delicious and hard to stop eating!
Cranberry Walnut Muffins
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, warmed enough to be liquified
- 1/2 cup honey
- 5 eggs, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup coconut flour, firmly packed (+2 tablespoons reserve)
- 1/2 almond flour, firmly packed
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cranberries, frozen
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Whisk together coconut oil, honey and eggs.
- Add the 1/3 cup coconut flour, almond flour, baking soda and salt. Mix well to combine.
- In a food processor with the blade attachment, pulse frozen cranberries until roughly chopped.
- In a small bowl, toss chopped cranberries and walnuts in the reserved 2 tablespoons of coconut flour.
- Fold cranberry mixture into batter. Do not over mix or batter will turn pink :)
- Scoop into muffin tins and bake.
- 15-20 minutes for mini muffins
- 25-30 minutes for regular muffins
- 35-40 minutes for pie plate
- 45-55 minutes for mini loaf pans, lower oven temperature to 300.