This delicious and healthy caramel sauce is a great alternative to your usual syrup. This guilt-free topping is quick and simple, only using 3 ingredients! Not into coconut so much? Try my Easy Caramel.
Coconut Caramel Sauce
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (or butter if preferred)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 cup coconut milk
- In a heavy bottom saucepan, bring the coconut oil and honey to a boil.
- Boil on high until it reaches a nice caramel color. Remove from the heat.
- Pour in the coconut milk, and stand back (it will spatter!).
- Whisk until smooth.
- Serve over waffles, pancakes or even icecream.