These are great to make with bananas that are a bit past their prime. Their natural sweetness enables you to skip the sweetener when making this batter. I like to serve these fluffy pancakes with cranberry sauce, toasted pecans and a drizzle of honey.
Gluten Free Banana Pancakes
- 3 overripe bananas, mashed
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 stick butter, melted
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup almond flour, packed
- 1/3 cup coconut flour, packed
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- dash of cinnamon
- dash of salt
- Mash bananas with fork, mix in eggs, butter and water.
- Whisk in flours, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Heat skillet, grease with butter or preferred oil.
- Drop by scoopful and spread slightly with back of spoon.
- Cook on low-medium heat. The natural sugars of the banana make it brown quickly.
- Serve while warm.