If you have tried my Pie Crust, you may as well throw that recipe out. Ok, don’t throw it out…. but consider this a quicker option. This tart shell is so tasty and much easier to prepare. It’s a slightly sweet cookie crust that can be filled with anything your heart desires.
Gluten Free Tart Shell
- 4 tablespoons melted butter or 5 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 9 inch tart shell pan with a removable bottom, greased
- Stir together the melted butter and honey.
- Add the dry ingredients and stir well to combine.
- Press the dough into the greased tart shell. Spreading as evenly as possible.
- Place in freezer and preheat oven to 350.
- For a fully baked tart shell, bake for 15-18 minutes, until nice and golden brown.
- Allow baked tart shell to cool completely before filling.
*Baked tart shells can be made in advance and keep for up to 1 week in the fridge or 1 month in the freezer.
Vegan/Dairy Free Options:
- replace melted butter with 5 tablespoons of liquified coconut oil – it makes for a slightly more crumbly crust, but equally delicious
- replace honey with agave or maple syrup
Next week I will be posting some recipes for fillings and tarts…. stay tuned!