You don’t have to have a fancy icecream maker to enjoy homemade frozen treats!
I really enjoy making new things with my kids. This idea came about when my son asked what made pink lemonade pink? I decided that this would be a good way to get them involved and stir up some afternoon fun. I believe it is important to show your kids what is in their food and how to it’s prepared. It’s best to make this with the freshest of strawberries, as it allows you to use less sweetener. So simple and refreshing, and has now become a family favorite. Serve up as a drink or turn it into a homemade icee.
Pink Lemonade Recipe
- 1 lb of fresh strawberries, stems removed
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup -2/3 cup honey (depending on sweetness of your berries)
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice, about 8 lemons
- 3 additional cups of water
- In a high powered blender combine the strawberries, 1 cup of water and honey.
- Stir together all ingredients in a large pitcher.
- Pour over ice into glasses.
- Garnish with strawberries or slices of lemon.
Strawberry Lemonade Granita
- 1/2 batch of pink lemonade
- 9×13 glass dish
- Pour pink lemonade into the glass dish and place in the freezer.
- Every 30 minutes scrape the sides using the fork and pushing it into the center. Spread mixture evenly. Do this for about 3 hrs, until the mixture is frozen.
- Scoop into dixie cups and serve.
*This is such a healthier alternative to your typical snow cone stand or ice cream shop. And the kids love eating it because they helped make it!