I’m still loving kale and having fun figuring out different ways to incorporate it into my meals. This dresses it up quite a bit and tastes flavorful and rich. It’s a hearty side dish, that pairs well with most protein.
Creamed Mushrooms with Kale
- 1 lb mushrooms, sliced
- 1 lb kale, washed and chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil/butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup broth
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup cashew cream or heavy cream
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (opt)
- Heat a large saucepan with the olive oil or butter. (I like to use a little bit of both)
- Add your mushrooms and garlic. Saute for about 2-3 minutes.
- Mix in your chopped kale. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add broth. Saute until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in vinegar. Remove from heat.
- Add the cream and parmesan cheese.
- Serve warm. Top with extra parmesan cheese.