My son recently started playing soccer. So, every Saturday morning I like to make a nice hearty breakfast before his games. We’ve been doing alot of pancakes, omelets and oatmeal, and now waffles. That’s why I like to use a blender to quickly whip this batter up. It makes for a fluffy gluten and grain free treat. These also freeze well, so I recommend making a double batch.
Gluten Free Waffles
- 1/2 cup melted butter/oil
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup coconut flour, packed
- 3/4 cup almond flour, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- dash of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Preheat waffle maker.
- Place all ingredients in a food processor or blender, except the vinegar.
- Blend on high for 1 minute. Add vinegar and blend another 30 seconds.
- Follow instructions for your waffle maker using the batter.
- Serve waffles warm with some easy caramel and toasted pecans.
*This recipe yields 4 Belgium waffles