This refreshing salad is the perfect compliment to any summer meal. Black beans, ripe tomatoes, red onions and jalapenos are tossed in a brightly flavored vinaigrette.
Zesty Tomato and Black Bean Salad
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed and finely diced
- 1 lb cherry or baby heirloom tomatoes, halved
- 3 cups cooked black beans (about 2 15oz cans)
- Cilantro-Lime Vinaigrette
- Prepare the vinaigrette.
- Combine remaining ingredients. Toss in dressing.
- Refrigerate overnight for best results. This allows time for the flavors to develop.
- Garnish salad with fresh cilantro.