Gluten Free Roasted Butternut Squash (with a kick!)
Does anyone else love butternut squash as much as I do? There are a so many ways to cook and enjoy this wonderful fall fruit! Yeah that’s right people, it’s a fruit! Don’t worry, I spent years thinking I was eating a vegetable too….. In this recipe the suttle hints of cumin and paprika create a smoky depth of flavor. By roasting at a high temperature, they get crisp on the outside and nice and tender on the inside. These will make a nice addition to my Thanksgiving menu this year!
So here is my version of GF Roasted Butternut Squash.
- 1 Large Butternut Squash – find one with a long neck
- Olive oil, enough to generously coat
- Salt and Pepper
- Cumin – you don’t need alot of this spice for it come thru…
- Garlic – I think the more the merrier!
- Paprika – not too much, unless you like more heat
- *As for the spices there is no exact measurement for this type of thing. Bare with me…
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Cut squash into 1/2 in slices.
- Toss in olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread on sheet tray, making sure each piece lay flat.
- Sprinkle on a bit of each spice, but not too much, you do not want to overwhelm the delicate squash flavor.
- Roast for about 25-30 minutes, turning over halfway thru baking.
- Sprinkle with sea salt after baking and serve!
* the same cooking method could be used to create a sweeter version – sprinkle with cinnamon and drizzle with honey.
3 thoughts on “Gluten Free Roasted Butternut Squash (with a kick!)”
These are delicious!!!!! And also liked the cheddar sage biscuits though I didn’t have sage and used chives instead. Yum!
I`m making these now with my mom!! I cant wait to see how they turn out!! YAY! I love french fries, but its been like 2 years since i`ve had one, and these look great! Thanks
I made these, sprinkled with ginger and cinnamon. Totally awesome! My husband actually put ketchup on his, so I think that next time, I’ll cut them into strips and try them that way..
Definitely crispy on the outside and smooth inside. THANK YOU!