I love pancakes, and making them from scratch is a major money saver. Sure there are pre-made gf mixes on the market now, but at $3-5 a box, is it really worth the convenience? Not to mention most of them are loaded with unwanted sugar. This batter is a cinch to throw together and tastes great. Feel free to fold in your favorite additions: nuts, blueberries, or chocolate chips!
Gluten Free Pancakes
- 1/2 cup of butter, melted
- 1/2 cup milk of choice: regular, almond, coconut
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond flour, packed
- 1/4 cup coconut flour, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Whisk together butter and milk.
- Add eggs, lemon juice or acv and honey.
- Add flours and baking soda.
- Heat griddle and grease with butter or coconut oil.
- Drop batter and slightly spread and flatten batter. *batter will be somewhat thick*
- Cook on low to medium heat, making sure they hold their shape and are cooked around the edges before attempting to flip ( if you cover them with a lid while cooking they will cook more evenly and quicker)
- Serve immediately. Try it with some of my homemade strawberry sauce or Coconut Caramel Sauce, which is my personal favorite :)
*recipe makes 1 dozen pancakes