This is a simple pumpkin muffin base. I have them pictured below with chocolate chips, but you could easily add your favorite nuts as well. I prefer not to use cupcake liners, as I like the texture on the outside to have a slight crunch and the center to stay very moist. The mini-size muffins are a hit with the kids!
I like to sprinkle the chocolate chips or nuts on top as opposed to stirring into the batter. That way you can make both kinds and please everyone :)
Gluten Free Pumpkin Muffins
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup melted butter or coconut oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut flour, packed
- 1 cup almond flour, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- 1/2 cup nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Whisk together all wet ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients and whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips/nuts (or sprinkle on top before baking.)
- Fill muffin tins almost to top.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes depending on size, or when toothpick inserted comes out clean.
*will last longer stored in the fridge, also freezes well.