I have expressed many times before my love for butternut squash. This recipe is simply delicious and would make a wonderful addition to any Thanksgiving buffet. This casserole can be assembled up to 3 days in advance and baked fresh the day of. How’s that for getting ahead of the game?
Move over sweet potatoes… there’s a new guy in town.
Praline Butternut Squash Casserole
- 4 cups pureed butternut squash (2 medium squash)
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 1/2 cup toasted chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup almond flour, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Prepare topping, by combining all the dry ingredients. Then stir in the honey and butter, with hands or a fork. Set aside mixture.
- Whisk together the butternut squash puree, eggs, melted butter and salt. Spread mixture evenly into a 2 1/2 or 3 quart casserole dish.
- Using your fingers, crumble the topping onto the squash.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until golden brown.