DIY-Pumpkin Spice Latte
Fall has arrived… I’m just going to ignore the fact that it is 80 degrees outside my window as I type this… Maybe the fall weather hasn’t quite arrived, but the fall flavors are in full swing!
Forget about paying $5 for a specialty coffee, that is loaded with fake syrup flavoring! It is so simple to make this fall inspired drink with fresh pumpkin at home. I like to whip this hot drink together in the blender so it gets nice and frothy :)
Pumpkin Spice Latte – recipe for one serving
- 8oz strong brewed coffee, hot
- 1/3 cup heavy cream/cashew cream (rich, I know!)
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin puree
- 1/8 scant teaspoon cinnamon (or pumpkin spice)
- pinch of nutmeg (a little goes a long way… be careful)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- Combine all ingredients into a blender and mix on high for 1-2 minutes. (re-warm on the stove top or microwave, or if you have a vitamix it will get hot while blending in the machine)
- Serve hot with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Enjoy!
I don’t have an espresso machine or fancy frother, so this method seems to work just fine to suit my needs :) I use heavy cream instead of milk to make it creamier and not “water down” the coffee (since it is not espresso).
I prefer to use homemade pumpkin puree, it is so simple and easy to make! You can find the recipe here —> homemade pumpkin puree