Guess what is in season?? Strawberries! Yum, nothing like fresh and sweet strawberries. This shortcake recipe is by far my husband’s favorite gluten free dessert I make. It’s so simple and healthy! Can’t wait to take my kids to pick fresh strawberries next week!
Gluten Free Strawberry Shortcake
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup melted butter or coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup almond flour, packed
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- dash of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Whisk together eggs, butter, and honey.
- Add all dry ingredients. Combine well.
- Using a large scoop, scoop batter onto a baking sheet and bake about 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
- Let cool a few minutes before slicing in half.
- Fill each biscuit with alternating layers of whipped cream, coconut whipped cream, dairy free vanilla pudding or vanilla yogurt frosting and freshly sliced strawberries.
- Top with remaining biscuit and serve.
*yields 8 biscuits
To make more of a sauce for your shortcakes, simply toss your sliced strawberries with a little bit of honey, and let macerate for about an hour. The moisture will be drawn out of the berries and create a lovely sauce.