These almond flour pancakes are surprisingly light and fluffy. I know that several of my recipes use a combination of almond and coconut flour, however I thought it might be nice to add a pancake recipe using only one flour. Normally when you think of almond flour, you automatically assume, super dense and heavy, which isn’t the case here… I prefer to use a blender when making the batter to ensure a fluffier texture.
Looks like we have a volunteer taste tester….
Almond Flour Pancakes
- 6 eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut oil/melted butter
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour, firmly packed
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup milk (I have used both coconut and almond)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- dash of salt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Combine all ingredients expect vinegar in blender. Blend on high until smooth.
- Add vinegar and blend.
- Preheat pan with a little bit of coconut oil or butter.
- Cook pancakes on low-medium heat, adjusting if necessary.
- Yields 14-16 pancakes.
Quick Blueberry Sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter/coconut oil
- 1//4 cup honey
- 1 cup blueberries
- In a small saucepan, combine all ingredients.
- Cook on medium – high heat until the berries begin to soften.
- Serve warm over pancakes.
Although I didn’t capture the end product, I can testify that she fully approved! Solely based upon her blue covered face and fingers…
Here is my original pancake recipe, which uses both coconut and almond flour –> Gluten Free Pancakes <— We make pancakes almost every weekend and I usually double the recipe and freeze any leftovers to use during the week for a quick breakfast!
Hope you all have a lovely week!