I discovered this delicious dip through one of my best friends, Leah. She, along with her mother and sister all have Celiac. I am always excited to go to their family gatherings, as there is always a wonderful gluten free selection of goodies. My absolute favorite, is their families’ Vidalia Onion Dip recipe. For some reason people who don’t like onions, love this dip. People (including myself) who do not like swiss cheese, love this dip. I don’t get it. But who cares, this recipe is simple and it rocks!
Vidalia Onion Dip
- 1 cup chopped vidalia or sweet onions
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1-2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Mix ingredients, adding just enough mayonnaise to combine.
- Spread into glass baking dish into a thin layer.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until bubbly and slightly dark around the edges and top.
- Serve with tortilla chips or your favorite gluten free crackers.
*this recipe is for an 8-9 inch glass dish
*for 9×13 dish, double the recipe
Click here for my simple recipe for gluten free pitas which I made into the pita chips pictured above. Enjoy!