I love fish. Particularly a well cooked, crispy skinned salmon. Here are a few tricks to easy and delicious fish. These methods can be applied to any fish with skin on.
Gluten Free Seared Salmon
- heat pan, make sure it is piping hot!
- add a little olive oil
- season fish on both sides, I like to keep it simple – salt and pepper
- sear skin side down first, about 5 minutes, until dark and crisp
- flip and cook for about 3-5 minutes, depending on thickness of fish
- DO NOT OVERCOOK FISH, you can always cook longer, but you can’t repair dry fish.
- squeeze with a little fresh lemon juice
- devour fish!
Gluten Free Roasted Asparagus
- Preheat oven to 500
- prepare asparagus, trim bottoms
- toss in a little olive oil, salt and pepper
- roast for 15-20 minutes, they will take on a beautiful color and be slightly crispy
- I like to top mine with freshly grated parmesan cheese
- be kind and share, I know it’s tough for me too…