I don’t make my waffles any other way these days. Whipping up the batter makes for a quick and fluffy gluten free waffle. This has been my go-to recipe for the past few months… sometimes I add some cinnamon and extra vanilla.
This recipe makes alot, which is great. I love leftover waffles. I store them in a ziplock in the freezer. The kids can just take them out during the week and pop into the toaster for breakfast. Easy Peasy!
- 1/2 cup butter or coconut oil
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup coconut milk (up to 1 1/4 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour, packed
- 1/4 cup coconut flour, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Turn on waffle iron, grease with coconut oil or cooking spray.
- Place all ingredients in blender. Blend until smooth.
- Check consistency, it should be thick but pour-able. Add more coconut milk until it reaches the right consistency. (At most 1/4 cup more)
- Pour batter into heated waffle iron.
- Serve warm with Coconut Caramel Sauce or Quick Blueberry Sauce!
Yields 18-20 regular size waffles (not Belgium)
We are adjusting to farm life over here, we now have 35 chickens and 6 goats. The kids are just having a blast with the animals, I can barely drag them inside to do homework or eat dinner!
I’ve got a lot more recipes lined up to post, now that the kids are back in school, I’ll be dedicating a little bit more time to the blog!